Welcome to Nursery!
We have a wonderful team working in our brand new Woodland Nursery. Mrs Marsland and Ms Mills are our lovely Nursery teachers and they are lucky to be supported by the fantastic Miss Patrick and Mrs Grimes. All of our staff are incredibly dedicated and will always be there to listen before and after school if ever you would like a chat!
If you have a child in Nursery, here are some things that you need to know:
- Snack money is £1 per week and is collected on a Monday morning for the week ahead.
- We are fortunate to have a wonderful outdoor area which we use every day rain or shine. Could you please ensure that your children are sent to school with appropriate footwear and warm clothing on our wet and windy days.
- Book bags will be sent home every night containing a story book, reading record and need to be brought back in to school every morning. To make progress in reading, we recommend that you read with your child every day. When you have read, could you please write a short comment in their reading record to tell us how they managed with the story. Children are given a star on their reading reward chart for each time they have read and books can be changed whenever you like!
- Could you ensure that school has a current completed data sheet and phone number for your child’s emergency contacts. Please inform the office as soon as possible if there are any changes to phone number, address or list of people who may be collecting your child.
- To keep you up to date with messages, photographs and videos, we use a great app called Seesaw, which you can download on your phone and receive notifications instantly about your child. You will receive a letter detailing how to access this at the beginning of the year so please set this up as soon as possible.
Please check back to our page regularly, as we are looking forward to a fun filled, exciting year with your little ones. Thank you for your continued support.